How do you check the competence of LEV Testers?
The technicians that carry out the Thorough Examination and Test should have the LEV competence to do so. They should at least have:
- LEV Competence to know what each part of the LEV system does.
- What the legal requirements for testing of an LEV system are.
- How to visually tell when there is damage on the different parts of an LEV.
- The range of tests that are available. So that they can make a decision on the effectiveness of the LEV.
- What the measuring equipment does. So that they know how to use it correctly.
- Which equipment is most suitable for each type of measurement?
- What the requirements are for each part of the LEV system.
- They must have the competence to know what the LEV test measurements mean.
- They should also know how to tell when a part of the LEV system is not working correctly.
- know how to tell if the LEV system as a whole is not providing effective control of the contaminants.
- Able to produce a clear and useable report for the test.
- Be able to undertake the test safely. In particular, they should know what hazards are present in the test procedure
- Understand the frequency of testing.
- Understand the use of the User Manual and Logbook.
Web design Staffordshire - by Limelight